Statement of Our Faith
The Holy Bible:
- We believe that it is given by inspiration of God, infallible, written by holy men of God as they were moved by the Holy Spirit; and compiled in 66 books.
- We believe that it is the Word of God: the living, powerful, and complete revelation of God to man.
- We believe that it is fully sufficient for man to know the truth pertaining to his salvation, conduct, knowledge of God and fellowship with Him. Scripture reference: 2Ti 3:16-17, 2Pet 1:21, Heb. 4:2, Lu 16:29
- We believe in one everlasting, eternal, self-existing, almighty God.
- We believe in the Trinity: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and that the three persons are equal in all divine attributes.
- We believe that the three are distinct without separation. Each one has His own works that cannot be attributed to the other two. The incarnation of the Son is an example of such an attribute.
- We also believe that the three persons are united without losing their uniqueness. The person of the Father is not the same person as the Son. Scripture reference: Deut. 6:4, Ps. 90:2, Ps. 119:68, Matt. 28:19, 1Ti 2:5, 1John 4:4 Jesus Christ:
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the person of the Son united in essence (from everlasting to everlasting) with the Father and the Holy Spirit; equal to both in all divine attributes.
- We believe in His divinity; that He is omnipotent, omniscient, and that all things were made through Him.
- We believe in His incarnation, and that since His incarnation He became both God and man at the same time. In the fullness of time, He took on a physical body, free from sin, formed in the womb of the Virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit; and as a man he did not know sin.
- We believe that His humanity did not depart from His divinity and that He is one person.
- We believe that He died, by the flesh, on the cross for our sins. He rose from the dead in a glorified body on the third day, ascended to Heaven, sat on God's right hand to intercede, all the time, for believers.
- We believe that salvation is in and through no one else, and that He is the head of the Church (the true believers everywhere and in every era)
Scripture reference: John 1:3, 14, Phil. 2:6, Matt. 1:18-23, Luke 1:35, I John 3:5,
ICor. 15:3-5, Heb. 5:8, 9:24, I John 2:1, Acts 4:12
The Holy Spirit:
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal in person to God the Father and God the Son being united with them in one essence.
- We believe that He is the one who convicts the sinner, leading him to repentance. The repentant sinner is afterwards born again by the Holy Spirit with a new nature.
- We believe that He dwells in every believer. We also believe in the infilling of the Holy Spirt to equip believers with power to overcome sin and to have a fruitful testimony for the Lord Jesus.
- We believe that the fruit and the gifts of the Holy Spirit are given to believers for the building up of the Church; and that the Holy Spirit works in the believers for the glory of the Lord Jesus.
Scripture reference: Acts 5: 3, 4; John 16:8; John 3:7; 1Cor. 3:16; Acts 2:4; Gal. 5:22; 1Cor. 12; John 16:14
- We believe that every man is born with a sinful nature, inherited from Adam after the fall. For this reason, every man committed sins that made him deserving of the second death - eternal destruction.
- We believe that man cannot save himself from such punishment by his works.
Scripture reference: Genesis 3; Ps. 51: 5; Ro. 3:10-12; Ro. 5:12; Rev. 20:11-15; Ti. 3:5
- We believe that salvation from eternal punishment cannot be obtained except by the grace of God, given as a free gift at the expense of the complete redemptive work of Christ.
- We believe that the sinner is saved by faith (in his heart) in the Lord Jesus. As he turns from his sins and accepts the Lord, his sins are forgiven, he is reborn from above, becomes a son of God, and a temple of the Holy Spirit.
Scripture reference: Eph. 2:8; John 3:16-18; Ro. 3:24, 25; John 1:12,13
The invisible World:
- We believe in the existence of angels … as well as the existence of the devil and his kingdom.
- We believe that the angels are God's servants; they come to our earth to strengthen and protect believers.
- We believe that the devil's army attacks the believer to rob him of his privileges, bind him in sin and weakness, and hinder his success. What facilitates the enemy’s schemes is the believer’s continuous holding on to sinful acts and not resisting them.
- We believe that the believer has authority over the devil and his kingdom since the believer’s position is higher; sitting with Christ in the heavenlie He is able to cast out evil spirits in the name of Jesus and to resist the devil, putting on the full armor of God, that he might flee. He has to use his authority to be victorious.
Scripture reference: Heb. 1:14, Eph. 4:17, Deut. 28:48, 1Thess. 2:18, Lu. 10:19,
Eph. 1:20-22, Eph. 2:6, Mark 16:17, Eph. 6:11, James 4:7